- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Accounting/Finance
- Industry: FinTech
- Post Date: 09/15/2023
- Website: www.satispay.com/en-it/
- Company Address: Via Porro Lambertenghi, 7, Milan, Lombardy, IT, 20159
About SatispayA “bank account enabled” mobile payment platform that is independent from debit and credit card networks. The consumer app is available for anybody with a bank account, while merchants both online and offline can accept payments using any kind of device and POS.
About the job
Simplify payments to improve everyone’s life
More than an app, Satispay is a great group of creative, innovative, curious, enthusiastic people united by a bold mission: to build the future of payments in Europe!
We created a mobile payment network to revolutionise how people think about money, by creating a direct connection between consumers and merchants. We do it smart every day while being responsible for the impact of our choices. We believe in creating value for our network through constant collaboration and hard work.
If you want to know more about us, give a look here: www.satispay.com
Join us as a Head of Accounting and Controlling
What you will be doing
Joining Satispay means being a leader of change and innovation. The role is based within our Headquarter in Milan, where - along with all the key people - as an active member of Satispay, you will take part in the FinanceTeam and you will support the Satispay Group (Italy, Luxembourg, and soon other countries) in activities such as:
In the Accounting role
- Lead the accounting team ensuring that booking entries are promptly, correctly and comprehensively reported into the accounting system for all group companies;
- Implement consistent accounting policies, practices, and procedures across the group to maintain and strengthen internal controls;
- Support month-end, quarter-end and year-end close processes for each company of the group as well as at the consolidated level;
- Manage transfer pricing policy to account for intercompany dealings on a monthly basis;
- Prepare month-end and quarterly reports for top management and relevant stakeholder, including profit and loss statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements;
- Coordinate the preparation of mandatory regulatory reporting for the relevant Financial Supervisory Authority;
- Reviewing the annual companies' financial statements to ensure they are accurate and complete at a stand-alone as well as at a consolidated level;
- Design and maintain an organizational structure adequate for achieving the accounting department's goals and objectives;
- Recommending changes in policies, procedures and accounting systems that will improve the team's performance
In the Budgeting and Cost Controlling role
- Collaborate with the finance team and other business departments for the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts;
- Collaborate with business units managers to create adequate budgets and help them meet budgeting goals;
- Implementing an automatic budgeting control system and alerts identifying and monitoring relevant business units and related cost attribution.
- Calculating the variance between the budgeting plan and actual figures and analyzing the main variations in order to reduce expenses and improve productivity by performing specific cost analysis
What we need
We are looking for brilliant talents willing to share our enthusiasm and passion for Satispay’s project. If you're looking for a job where you challenge yourself, learn and professionally grow, Satispay is the right place for you!
- Business degree in Accounting & Finance;
- Previous experience min. 6-8 years in Accounting Department and/or Controllership
- Solid knowledge of implementation and usage of major ERP systems
- Solid knowledge of Italian GAAP, OIC/IFRS;
- High Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, complex formulas, complex dashboards, and macro creation;
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
- Highly organized and able to work both in team and independently;
- A very quick learner and adapts fast;
- Enthusiastic about taking on new challenges and to work under pressure in a fast-paced international environment;
- Proactive thinker, with the ability to “think outside the box”
- Detail-oriented, easy-going, entrepreneurial and passionate about fintech industry;
Knowledge of French or other European languages is considered a plus.
Logistic & Salary
The role is based in Milan with a hybrid work policy.
We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
Stock option plan available.
The selection process
Once we receive your CV, we will take time to evaluate it carefully. Should there be a match for this or any other position at the Company, we will be in touch with you.
Our selection process may vary in the number and order of steps but generally includes HR interview, technical evaluation and final meeting in person. In case there is no match at the moment don’t worry, we will make sure to keep your cv in consideration for future vacancies!
Satispay is an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
We promote the inclusion and work integration of people belonging to protected categories - as regulated by Law 68/99.
This job opportunity is addressed to both sexes, in accordance with Laws 903/77.