- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Accounting/Finance
- Industry: Cybersecurity
- Post Date: 03/16/2023
- Website: www.app-quality.com
- Company Address: Via Schiaffino, 11, Milan, IT, 20158
About AppQualityApp Quality is an online platform that offers testing services to its client.
UNGUESS is a crowdsourcing platform for testing digital applications, in the areas of software quality, user/customer experience, and cybersecurity.
UNGUESS exists to help companies take the guesswork out of their decision, from the start.
Our proposition is a crowdsourcing platform for effective testing and real insights. Fast and any time needed.
How we do that? Unleashing the power of our crowd, a community of testers who are involved with end customers in the design, development and testing phases of a digital product.
OUR VISION: We aim to become the ultimate B2B tech company to optimise QUALITY, EXPERIENCE and SECURITY of any digital solution.
We are looking for a FINANCIAL CONTROLLER:
The ideal candidate has at least 5 years experience in a similar role in small to medium-sized companies, with a preference for startups/scaleups and digital/tech/SaaS businesses. A good knowledge of accounting techniques and of national and international accounting principles will be an advantage. Previous experience in the audit space (Big Four and similar) is appreciated.
We are looking for excellent organisational skills, precision in work, creativity, a willingness to get involved and a passion for stimulating and challenging work environments.
- Short, medium and long-term planning (budget, business plan), from which the main KPIs are derived
- Management reporting, focusing on KPIs
- Economic reporting and forecasting
- Analytical-managerial accounting
- Monitoring of company performance over the period (have we already mentioned the importance of KPIs?)
- Assisting in the preparation of period and annual financial statements
- Ordinary administrative activities, in coordination with the AFC team
- Degree in business administration or operations management (however, if you are as good as Mike from Suits tv series, you are more than welcome to apply);
- At least 5 years working experience in the role (there is also room for precocious geniuses with less years behind, but a lot of dedication and skills);
- Excellent knowledge of English (we are a bilingual company);
- Ability to go deep into the numbers, quantitative mindset, lateral thinking (be prepared for interviews, we like surprising questions but only because we are curious to hear your original answers);
- Understanding of performance evaluation logic (KPIs, business intelligence);
- Knowledge of accounting principles and ability to read financial statements;
- Proven experience in economic/financial modelling (oh yeah, we use lots of excel, but the good news is that we also use other interesting tools);
- Previous knowledge of ERP and other financial suites (such as Oracle's NetSuite, Odoo, etc.) will be considered a plus.
What we offer:
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth and fulfilment (not just words, you will actually get this chance);
- Dynamic and vibrant environment, in a fast-growing digital startup (we have just closed a funding round, now we can/will continue on the ambitious growth path);
- Paperless company, minimal internal bureaucracy, working environment with high risk of intellectual contamination, not suitable for the lazy-minded, who are kindly requested to refrain from applying;
- Salary range: 35.000€-45.000€ (remuneration will also be assessed according to the candidate's actual experience, and we think we can satisfy even the most qualified candidates).
- Location: we have an office in Milan (and one in Cremona), but the role is envisaged in full remote mode; presence in the office is not compulsory, however, there will be no lack of opportunities for face-to-face meetings, also with colleagues from other teams;
- CV: Send an updated CV of max 2 pages, better still if you send us a one pager CV (less is more);
- Cover letter: many people get bored writing a motivation letter, but we would love to receive it; about ten lines are enough, no papyrus is needed. No copying and pasting from the internet please and possibly no ChatGPT; be sincere, be direct, let us know why you are applying for this position;
- Mini-challenge: create a slide showing the KPIs of your career path; you can create from scratch, be creative, surprise us, but do not be trivial, it will be discussed at the first interview;
- Introductory interview (with HR and/or person from the AFC team);
- Step 2: interview with CFO (business case planned; part of the interview will be held in English);
- Step 3: interview with two other UNGUESS managers;
- Step 4: discussion of job offer terms
"The secret to hiring successful people is one: look for people who want to change the world" "Always focus on what you would like to achieve and never on what you could achieve".