- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: Software and Data
- Post Date: 03/16/2023
- Website: actnow.aworld.org
- Company Address:
About AWorldAWorld is a platform and a social-gamified app that helps and incentivizes people in taking sustainable actions.
AWorld, in partnership with the UN’s ActNow campaign, developed the first app for individual action on climate change and sustainability.
AWorld educates, engages, and encourages citizens to learn about sustainability through actionable habits they can incorporate into their daily lives.
Through the Impact Engagement™ methodology, the platform incentives users by growing their awareness, spotlighting their footprint, and introducing sustainable habits; with the goal of highlighting the path towards a less impactful lifestyle.
AWorld is about to release the Universal Impact Score, a personal index calculated on the basis of users’ knowledge, actions, and footprint.
They are currently looking to hire a
Senior Backend Engineer
(Turin or Milan/Italy)
- Company: Tech Startup
- Experience: 5+ years of experience
- Skills: NodeJS, Python, Serverless, GraphQL
As a backend developer, you will take part in designing and developing new functionalities in AWorld, with the chance to work with the freshest technology stack in cloud-native and on services used by hundreds of thousands of users.
You will also have the opportunity to interact with some of the most interesting companies on a global scale, and you will work on a project aimed at improving the planet!
- Creating and developing APIs that will allow our services to interact with each other and with the external world
- Cooperating on the design of the architecture and of the Data Backbone of the application
- Developing and designing microservices that will be deployed on a global level and will be used tens of millions of times by our users
- At least 5 years of experience with NodeJS or Python
- Familiarity with the best practices and design patterns for the development of microservices
- RESTful web services via HTTP protocol, JSON, JWT
- Experience in using a Cloud service provider, preferably AWS
- Familiarity with a serverless stack and framework
- Familiarity with event-driven architecture
- Experience in using relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience in developing software in an Agile environment
- Git, CI/CD, Unix CLI
- Experience with GraphQL
- Great possibilities for professional growth
- Opportunity to work in a dynamic and very young environment
- Travel and team-building activities in a tourist location once a year