- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: Software and Data
- Post Date: 01/25/2023
- Website: treatwell.com/
- Company Address: London, United Kingdom
About TreatwellTransforming the way the hair and beauty community and their clients connect.
About the jobWe’re looking for a Software Engineering Manager to work with a talented cross-functional engineering team on our popular marketplace and SaaS products.
You will be there to support on a day to day basis working on all kinds of projects to innovate and improve the working efficiency of our engineers, along with checking in with the team weekly and helping motivate and inspire.
You will be responsible for:
- Playing a key role in aligning your teams with our company objectives. Working closely with Product, you will be instrumental in helping them and your teams explore opportunities, risks and options, always mindful of the importance of addressing both our technical and business needs.
- You know that some measures matter, and you will work with the teams and the wider engineering community to define and adopt the best metrics that can help our evolution.
- You will be responsible for the happiness and effectiveness of your teams, providing line management, leadership, mentoring and coaching. You will also play a key role in their development and growth and you will know what motivates them, so that you can inspire them and provide them with the right amount of support and guidance.
- You will establish an open and continual dialogue with all team members, meeting with them regularly on a one-to-one basis and attending their regular meetings. You will encourage a culture of candidness, continual learning and improvement, seeking feedback about yourself and your teams, so that you will have greater awareness of strengths and challenges, both of your own ones and your teams’.
- You believe in innovation and creating impact, asking yourself daily 'can I do this better'? From our side, we will be there to support your growth, offering you opportunities to learn and develop.
- You are a leader who have worked with high performing, cross-functional, self-organising development teams
- You understand the values and principles associated with Agile development and you have hands on experience using Kanban and Scrum
- You enjoy coach and mentor engineers, creating space for others, helping others to succeed
- You are familiar with some of our tech stack and practises such as TDD, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- You know good technical design when you see it and can contribute to architectural discussions
- You get a kick out of shipping valuable product and technology for the business
- You have led teams responsible for supporting applications in production and responding to problems when they arise
- You have an insatiable appetite for continuous improvement and solving problems
- You understand the importance of, and relationships between, quality, productivity and value in software development
- You have a good level of English. Any other language is a plus.
- You like to have fun at work!
To give you a preview on how the hiring process looks like, we have prepared a few slides: https://bit.ly/3AJPOUq
Hi, we’re Treatwell. Nice to meet you.
We’re a team of 800 (and growing) passionate and brilliantly talented people across Europe. We’re the industry’s smartest salon management software, all connected to Europe’s leading booking platform, working with over 50,000 salon partners across 13 countries and processing over 8 million bookings every month. And….breathe.
But we’re not done yet. We’re on an exciting journey to digitally revolutionise the hair and beauty community.
If this excites you, we might have just the role for you.
We’ll treat you with:
- 28-days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Monthly 40 EUR Treatwell vouchers so you can treat yourself too
- Growth funds for you to develop and grow with your team
- A discount for gym membership
- 100% remote position with flexible working
- Annual Treatwell retreat to a sunny European destination
- All the tools / devices supplied to do the best job you can eg. laptop, monitor, keyboard etc
Treatwell is an ‘Open to All’ employer and warmly welcomes everybody to the team. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process as required. Please add any adjustment requests to your application.