- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Life Sciences R&D/Engineering
- Industry: Life Science
- Post Date: 01/26/2023
- Website: www.achillesvaccines.com
- Company Address: Via di Città, 43, Strada Petriccio e Belriguardo, 35, Siena , Italy, 53100
About Achilles VaccinesAchilleS Vaccines is a dynamic, for-profit organization created to become home to some of today’s best minds in the vaccine industry.
AchilleS Vaccines is looking for an experienced analytical scientist. The successful candidate will be
involved in the development and/or optimization of analytical procedures to support the development,
production and characterization of vaccines at laboratory scale.
Line manager: Chief Technology Officer
The successful applicant will be required to:
• Develop and/or optimize analytical methods needed to support the analytical characterization
of intermediates, impurities, vaccine Drug Substances and Drug Products produced at
• Write and revise operative procedures and any other technical documents.
• Follow established Health, Safety and the Environment company procedures.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills:
• Master Degree in Chemistry or CTF with at least 5 years of work experience in analytical
laboratories; experience in the characterization of proteins and polysaccharides or a PhD with at
least 2-3 years of experience in analytical characterization of biological macromolecules.
• A solid understanding of scientific principles and practical experience in the characterization of
biological macromolecules (proteins and/or polysaccharides).
• Proven track record of working independently with different chromatographic techniques
(HPLC and HPAEC-PAD), electrophoresis, immunoassay and other associated analytical
• Additional skills in mass spectrometry and proteomics will be advantageous as well as
previous experience in method transfers and verifications. The applicant must be able to
independently design and perform experimental work for scientific projects.
• Working knowledge of written and spoken English, to a level sufficient to write proficiently
technical documents and to present data in written and oral format.
• Ability to conduct Literature searches and consult Patent databases
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
• Ability to supervise less experienced members of staff.