- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Data Science
- Industry: Software and Data
- Post Date: 11/24/2022
- Website: treatwell.com/
- Company Address: London, United Kingdom
About TreatwellTransforming the way the hair and beauty community and their clients connect.
Data Analytics Engineer
We are looking for a Data Analytics Engineer to join our growing Data & BI team. Treatwell is an organisation that is built on data, but we’re just getting started. This role will play an important part in guiding us to a future where self-service reporting and analytics scale and change at the quickening pace of our business.
The BI team is responsible for the end-to-end delivery of effective self serve reporting including: defining, prioritising development, and delivering the tools and education to enable data-driven decision making across the company. As a BI Engineer, you will play a key role in making sure we have the right data available in the best format via our self-serve tools to enable this.
As a data team, we predominantly code in Python and SQL. In our tech stack, we prioritise making use of open source platforms when we can, such as DBT, Docker, Terraform, Apache Spark, Grafana, DBT, Neo4j, Luigi orchestration and RabbitMQ. We run our services on cloud technologies on Amazon AWS such as ECS, Lambda, Cloudwatch, Redshift, S3, EMR, EC2 and Secrets, as well as make use of third parties that bring business value such as Snowplow, Fivetran, Looker, and Slack.
You will be responsible for:
- Partnering with several business teams to help:
- Understand their needs and translate them into actionable data assets that reveal the performance of their area and key action points
- Undertake data modelling of core data assets (using SQL, DBT, and LookML)
- Report/dashboard creation as required
- Support automation for repeated analyses/tasks where possible
- Support integration and modelling of new data sources (in SQL)
- Forming the core of our “Hub and Spokes” analytics organisation, empowering analysts and business users to use self serve tools (eg. via education / documentation)
- Defining and managing Treatwell’s approach towards data quality, documentation, and governance of core vs. non-core data models
- Managing our BI tool, Looker, including ensuring smooth running day-to-day Looker performance
- Promoting a data-driven culture and approach to decision making
- Collaborating with analysts / stakeholders / data engineers on wider analytics projects
- Contributing towards the strategy and design of BI reporting
- Assisting in both ad-hoc requests and regular reports from the business
- You have an analytical way of thinking and capability, with exposure from a previous role
- You have a strong experience with data modelling, creating reports and data visualisations - esssential
- You have SQL experience for manipulation and analysis. Experience in other data languages (R, Python) is a plus
- You are have great collaboration and communication skills - you’ll be just as comfortable talking to a data engineer as you would be to the CMO
- You are experienced in working with and understanding marketing / supply / commercial / finance teams
- You are experienced with BI Visualisation tools, preferably Looker
- You are a creative / lateral thinking problem solver- understanding when a hack will do and how to deliver 80% value ahead of a fully perfect solution
- You have prior experience modelling data in LookML and DBT (data build tool) - essential
- You communicate well in English. Any other language is welcome
Hi, we’re Treatwell. Nice to meet you.
We’re a team of 800 (and growing) passionate and brilliantly talented people across Europe. We’re the industry’s smartest salon management software, all connected to Europe’s leading booking platform, working with over 50,000 salon partners across 13 countries and processing over 8 million bookings every month. And….breathe.
But we’re not done yet. We’re on an exciting journey to digitally revolutionise the hair and beauty community.
If this excites you, we might have just the role for you.
We’ll treat you with:
- 28-days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Monthly £40 Treatwell vouchers so you can treat yourself too
- Benefits platform offering cycle to work scheme, high street discounts and other perks
- Growth funds for you to develop and grow with your team
- A beneficial pension scheme and enhanced parental pay & leave policy
- 100% remote position with flexible working
- Annual Treatwell retreat to a sunny European destination
- All the tools / devices supplied to do the best job you can eg. laptop, monitor, keyboard etc
Equal OpportunityTreatwell is an ‘Open to All’ employer and warmly welcomes everybody to the team. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process as required. Please add any adjustment requests to your application.