- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: Transportation - Logistics
- Post Date: 11/29/2023
- Website: 2hire.io
- Company Address: Via Mantova 52, Rome, Italy, 00198
About 2hire2hire makes it possible to launch, run and scale digital mobility services around all kinds of vehicles.
In this role you will
- Functionally analyse LTE communication modules;
- Implement basic applications aimed at comparing functional characteristics of these modules;
- Implement the management of the communication with a server via LTE, minimizing downtime;
- Define an MVP for testing the connection flow directly in the real field;
- Supporting the team in firmware design, development, and testing;
- Firmware development through programming best practices;
- Plan and discuss with the team during daily standups, bi-weekly planning, monthly progress demos.
What you’ll need
- At least 3 years working experience in the development of IoT devices with an ARM-based always-on connection;
- Good knowledge of c11, c++17, or other languages you think are interesting in the embedded environment;
- Skills in creating, maintaining and architecting a build system based on CMAKE and GCC;
- Familiarity with a code-review process;
- Experience in using version control systems (Git), management and conflict resolution;
- Knowledge of interfacing with devices using UART, I2C, SPI, CAN-BUS and RS485 as a communication channel.
Nice to Have
- Experience in integrating and managing MQTT or other standard protocols in the IoT world;
- Experience in using build system for cross-compiling;
- Knowledge of testing tools and techniques;
- Knowledge of linting and static code analysis.
What we offer
- Spend time with highly skilled colleagues to challenge and get challenged on the engineering best practices and the latest technologies and tools;
- Never stop learning! We’d be happy to support you in your personal growth, with books and conferences to expand or refine your skill set;
- Work at scale and with international reach in a rapid takeover of the next city, country, or continent;
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience;
- Budget to set up your workstation.