- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: Hospitality
- Post Date: 05/25/2023
- Website: 2hire.io
- Company Address: Via Mantova 52, Rome, Italy, 00198
About 2hire2hire offers mobility solutions by turning all kind of vehicles into connected cars.
By equipping vehicles with 2Hire plug and play device, all vehicles' actions are performed remotely by smartphone thanks to our software. Real-time data analysis enhances fleet management and the full exploitation of available resources.
At 2hire we are creating the next-generation platform to connect and control all the vehicles remotely. Build with us the necessary tools to develop, support, and scale sharing mobility services. Already present in 3 continents, 15 countries and with thousands of vehicles in our platform, we are looking for a practical Embedded Software Engeneer, who can grow in a team that is always attentive to the latest technological trends and ready to adopt them to quickly adapt to different application scenarios.
As an Embedded Software Engineer, you will be working on the firmware of the IoT devices designed by 2hire. Moreover, you will contribute to the design, development, and testing of the firmware for 2hire’s new device that will see the transition from a GSM-based product to an LTE-based one.
In this role you will
- Functionally analyse LTE communication modules;
- Implement basic applications aimed at comparing functional characteristics of these modules;
- Implement the management of the communication with a server via LTE, minimizing downtime;
- Define an MVP for testing the connection flow directly in the real field;
- Supporting the team in firmware design, development, and testing;
- Firmware development through programming best practices;
- Plan and discuss with the team during daily standups, bi-weekly planning, monthly progress demos.
What you’ll need
- At least 3 years working experience in the development of IoT devices with an ARM-based always-on connection;
- Good knowledge of c11, c++17, or other languages you think are interesting in the embedded environment;
- Skills in creating, maintaining and architecting a build system based on CMAKE and GCC;
- Familiarity with a code-review process;
- Experience in using version control systems (Git), management and conflict resolution;
- Knowledge of interfacing with devices using UART, I2C, SPI, CAN-BUS and RS485 as a communication channel.
Nice to Have
- Experience in integrating and managing MQTT or other standard protocols in the IoT world;
- Experience in using build system for cross-compiling;
- Knowledge of testing tools and techniques;
- Knowledge of linting and static code analysis.
What we offer
- Spend time with highly skilled colleagues to challenge and get challenged on the engineering best practices and the latest technologies and tools;
- Never stop learning! We’d be happy to support you in your personal growth, with books and conferences to expand or refine your skill set;
- Work at scale and with international reach in a rapid takeover of the next city, country, or continent;
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience;
- Budget to set up your workstation.
Powered by VentureLoop- Partner Company Sign In