- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Hardware
- Industry: Aerospace
- Post Date: 06/23/2022
- Website: dorbit.space
- Company Address: Viale Risorgimento, 57, Fino Mornasco, Como 22073, IT
About D-OrbitDeveloper of a decommissioning device designed to dispose of satellites at the end of their lifespan. The company's decommissioning devices can be installed on any satellites and launchers' stages and are able to quickly and safely remove them from orbit in a controlled manner and ensuring a cleaner space, enabling space organizations to reduce the effort of electric satellite platform during the critical first phase of orbit raising, increasing the overall satellite reliability.
As Senior member of the team, you will support the development of the innovative platform dedicated to In-Orbit Servicing (inspection, rendez-vous, docking,…), from the high level design of the subsystem, support to system engineering in trade offs and budgeting, requirements, sizing, to analysis and concept of operations involving the GNC.
Later on in the project, you will have an active role in the development of algorithms, as well as the verification cycle of the AOCS SW, HW testing during EM and PFM campaigns.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Support/Lead the high level design of the AOCS subsystem for IOS, including budgeting, requirements, sizing of actuators, selection of sensors, requirements drafting
- Support system engineering in high level trade-offs for the platform design and ConOPS
- Interact with the AOCS & GNC Team to define the evolution of the existing SW suite in accordance to the need of the new platform (incremental approach)
- Support the development of new features in the GNC loop
- Carry out analysis for subsystem design verification (sensitivity, performance, stability, MonteCarlo, no-regression)
- Define the verification strategy for both the HW and SW parts, and participate to their execution, including Processor-in-the-loop verification and SW testing on EM spacecraft, equipments interface test to HW-in-the-loop and functional checks after integration of the platform
- Support to LEOP and orbital operations;
- Interaction with other Subsystems, System Engineers and Manufacturing teams for the development of the product.
Qualifications and Requirements
- At least five years of working experience in the AOCS/GNC or relevant field;
- Knowledge of spacecraft subsystems and space environment, not limited to LEO orbits;
- Experience in the design and verification of AOCS/GNC subsystems, from high level conception to implementation details;
- Proficiency in use of Matlab/Simulink;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Proactive attitude and ability to work in a team;
- Experience in autonomous GNC loops for IOS is a strong asset
University Master degree or equivalent, preferably in the fields of Aerospace/Space Engineering, Control/Automation Engineering, Physics.
Full professional proficiency in the English language is mandatory. Proficiency in Italian is not required.