- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Legal
- Industry: Aerospace
- Post Date: 06/23/2022
- Website: dorbit.space
- Company Address: Viale Risorgimento, 57, Fino Mornasco, Como 22073, IT
About D-OrbitDeveloper of a decommissioning device designed to dispose of satellites at the end of their lifespan. The company's decommissioning devices can be installed on any satellites and launchers' stages and are able to quickly and safely remove them from orbit in a controlled manner and ensuring a cleaner space, enabling space organizations to reduce the effort of electric satellite platform during the critical first phase of orbit raising, increasing the overall satellite reliability.
Skills & Qualifications:
- A degree in law
- Solid experience in a similar role with a company, consultancy practice, or other relevant organisation, handling contract negotiation, import-export of dual-use goods, obtaining authorisations/permits/licences from relevant authorities
- Knowledge of the contractual regulatory framework, with a focus on institutional contracts
- Knowledge of regulatory framework applicable to import-export of dual-use goods, space-related licensing procedures in the UK and beyond
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office package, in particular, Excel and PowerPoint
- High motivation, ability to work both autonomously and with interdisciplinary teams
- Great communication skills
- Full professional proficiency in the English language is mandatory
- Knowledge of Italian or another language will be considered a plus.
The company's place of work is in Harwell Oxford or in a location in Cornwall, but it is foreseen that remote working is available. You may also be required to work outside of the UK on occasion.
Join D-Orbit, a growing company with ‘out of this world’ ambitions. We are looking to strengthen our amazing space legal team by adding someone to work cross-functionally with colleagues in the business, technical, and logistics areas to refresh our approach in line with the current regulatory framework applicable primarily to customs and contractual affairs, for both internal customers (our people) and external ones (customers and suppliers). The successful candidate will also, within the responsibility areas, provide necessary assistance to Company’s subsidiaries.
This role provides an excellent opportunity to develop your capabilities within the responsibility areas and beyond as D-Orbit moves forward. The ideal candidate is an ambitious and curious person who is looking to grow in the organization and take on roles of greater responsibility over time.
- Manage review of contractual documentation provided by D-Orbit UK or by third parties to D-Orbit UK
- Support bidding activities, including review of bidding documentation, in particular, contractual documentation
- Support formalisation and enforcement of procedures applicable to handling sensitive (including dual-use)information
- Support and manage activities related to obtaining any other permits or licences related to launching and operating the Company’s spacecraft
- Support, as necessary, import-export shipments in accordance with the applicable regulations
- Monitor and analyse regulatory developments related to the responsibility areas as identified above