- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering QA
- Industry: Aerospace
- Post Date: 06/23/2022
- Website: dorbit.space
- Company Address: Viale Risorgimento, 57, Fino Mornasco, Como 22073, IT
About D-OrbitDeveloper of a decommissioning device designed to dispose of satellites at the end of their lifespan. The company's decommissioning devices can be installed on any satellites and launchers' stages and are able to quickly and safely remove them from orbit in a controlled manner and ensuring a cleaner space, enabling space organizations to reduce the effort of electric satellite platform during the critical first phase of orbit raising, increasing the overall satellite reliability.
We are looking for an Embedded Software Test Engineer to join our team. You will become part of a growing software V&V group responsible for ensuring software quality across a range of embedded and high-performance applications in space. The main focus of your work will be developing automated test procedures and improving the V&V infrastructure for the flight software onboard our ION Satellite Carriers fleet and other spacecraft under development.
Within a continuous integration environment, you will contribute to the entire application lifecycle with a focus on the test and integration. Improving and developing new V&V features to our SW delivery pipeline. Through these activities and by working with all technical teams involved in the spacecraft development process you will deliver exciting new features and directly support ongoing spacecraft V&V activities and operations.
Tasks and Responsibilities
· Contribute to the entire application lifecycle, focusing on requirements elicitation, coding, debugging and integration with the flight hardware
· Validation of features including integration with software-in-the-loop and hardware-in-the-loop test suites
· Scouting of the latest technologies within embedded software development and driving their adoption within the group
· Contributing to the continuous improvement of the team's processes and methodologies
· Support to AIV activities and spaceflight operations
Additional duties may be assigned as needed.
Qualifications and Requirements
You will have at least some of the following skills:
· At least 1 year of industry experience in embedded software V&V or relevant project work
· Familiarity with Python and any C-family language
· Knowledge of real-time operating systems (such as RTEMS or FreeRTOS) and/or operating systems targeted for embedded applications (such as any embedded Linux) is considered an advantage
· Knowledge of any typically embedded communication interfaces such as USART, SPI, I2C, CAN, Ethernet, EtherCAT
· Familiarity with using any Linux based distribution and appreciation of application development
· Familiarity with typical software development methodology and release versioning processes
· Familiarity with Git versioning system or any similar DVCS
· Experience with test-driven development
· Capability of working in autonomy
· Resilience and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to work hard in a team setting to meet tight schedules
· Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively
Bachelor or higher engineering degree, in any relevant area such as aerospace engineering, electronic engineering, computer science or automation.
Full professional proficiency in the English language is mandatory.