- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Marketing/PR/Product Mktg
- Industry: Aerospace
- Post Date: 06/23/2022
- Website: dorbit.space
- Company Address: Viale Risorgimento, 57, Fino Mornasco, Como 22073, IT
About D-OrbitDeveloper of a decommissioning device designed to dispose of satellites at the end of their lifespan. The company's decommissioning devices can be installed on any satellites and launchers' stages and are able to quickly and safely remove them from orbit in a controlled manner and ensuring a cleaner space, enabling space organizations to reduce the effort of electric satellite platform during the critical first phase of orbit raising, increasing the overall satellite reliability.
About the job
ION Fleet Mission Manager
· D-Orbit is a market-leading New Space company specializing in space logistics, transportation services, and infrastructure. D-Orbit provides end-to-end solutions to improve new and traditional space businesses, we are committed to helping companies profitably and sustainably maximize opportunities to do business in space.
· Founded in 2011, D-Orbit has successfully developed proprietary space logistics technology and transportation solutions that will accelerate the development and growth of a trillion-dollar space economy, including human expansion into space.
· D-Orbit offers a variety of solutions for traditional and New Space technologies, including launch and deployment services, avionics, mission control, and end-of-life solutions.
Systems & Components – AOCS Suite, D-Sense, OBC Core, Simba, SimOn, D3, D-Raise
In-Orbit Now – Orbital Transportation Services
AURORA – Cloud-Based Mission Control Software
As ION Fleet Mission Manager, you join the ION FLEET team. You will be responsible for the execution and delivery of InOrbit NOW launch services through all phases of operations, including but not limited to mission planning, customer management, launch service management, and post-launch operations delivery.
- Serve as primary point of contact with ION customers during the whole mission execution.
- Manage exchanges and reviews with the final launch service provider to ensure approval for flight.
- Prepare and maintain the ION mission plan to ensure on-time and on-budget delivery.
- Monitor the readiness for flight of ION SCV targeting ION fleet launch manifest.
- Interface with ION MAIT team to assess the readiness of the platform for flight.
- Provide inputs for planning future ION mission launch campaigns and feedback on improvements and lessons learned.
- Support ION FLEET to streamline processes.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- 3+ years of experience on technical project management;
- 5+ years of experience in the aerospace industry;
- Experience in launch vehicles, launch campaign and spacecraft preparatory for flight activities.
- Technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in space technologies;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent communication skills with a customer oriented approach;
- Proactive attitude and ability to work in team and individually;
- Leadership, management and team coordination skills;
· Advanced University degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) preferably in Aerospace
- · Full professional proficiency of English language is mandatory