- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering QA
- Industry: Life Science
- Post Date: 11/25/2021
- Website: mmimicro.com
- Company Address: Via del Paduletto, 10a, 56011 Paduletto PI, Italy
About MMIOur team has a steadfast dedication to advancing surgery and patient care. We developed Symani®, a groundbreaking technology that addresses unmet patient needs and helps to enhance surgeons’ skills during delicate, complex procedures.
The Symani Surgical System combines proprietary innovations including NanoWrist® Instrumentation, the world’s smallest wristed microinstruments, as well as tremor-reducing and motion scaling technologies. Together, these powerful capabilities work to help enable more surgeons to perform microsurgery while expanding the field of supermicrosurgery.
Want to join a motivated team of 70+ people who are dedicated to improving patient care through surgical robotics? Interested in working in the fast-paced, medical device industry?
MMI SpA is looking for people with a passion for innovation and a dedication to excellence.
At MMI we are building the future of microsurgery. The Symani platform provides the surgeon with the capability to operate on a small scale with ease and precision, thanks to the Symani platform and a variety of Instrument types.
We are seeking a Junior Tester to perform System Test, SW Build Test and Integration tests on a novel robot for Microsurgery. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to work within a high caliber multidisciplinary team to assess the quality and the improvements of the products.
Specific activities include:
- Perform SW build Test at every release executing protocols on a real system;
- Tests functional performance of completed assemblies or subassembly using established procedures and test protocols;
- Practice on the SYMANI teleoperated robot under the microscope
- Document test outcomes;
- Operate and set up test equipment and fixtures;
- Clearly document the issues and communicate;
Skills & Experience:
- High-school degree in Electronics or Informatics or Bachelor Degree in Engineering (Computer, Electronics or Biomedical);
- Comprehension in reading technical writing;
- Ability to understand system interconnect diagrams, and test procedures;
- Able to run SW, dedicated tools and write simple code to extract data or plots;
- Inter-disciplinary understanding of robotics, electronics and software;
- Professional written and spoken English.
MMI is dedicated to improving reconstructive options for surgeons and patients and has developed the first teleoperated robotic platform for open microsurgery. It offers the surgeon motion scaling and tremor elimination and aims to facilitate existing procedures as well as enable new ones in the domain of microsurgery, from post-oncological and trauma reconstructions to ophthalmology, organ transplantation and pediatric surgery.
What we offer
An exciting and challenging role based in Pisa, Italy. Working in a fun and growing company that is dedicated to improving patient care. The ability to learn new skills under the direction of the Lead Software Engineer with career advancement opportunities.
This is a fix term contract job opportunity to start working in a company of med-tech industries; we will give you;
- Inclusive Welfare Plan;
- Ticket restaurant
- Work-life balance encouraged
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a med-tech company with the aim of improving patient care? Join us and grow with a team of energy people who will motivate and inspire you!
Interested? We would love to hear from you!
MMI is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, disability or other characteristics protected by law.