- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Legal
- Industry: FinTech
- Post Date: 11/25/2021
- Website: moneyfarm.com
- Company Address: 90-92 Pentonville Road, London, Greater London N1 9HS, UK
About MoneyfarmOperator an online wealth management platform intended to grow and protect wealth inexpensively with transparency. The company's platform is used for creating investment portfolios based on investment targets and measure risk taking capacities, managed portfolios, enabling customers to monitor and recommend balancing of investments.
We’re a pan-European digital wealth manager with 60,000 active investors (growing fast!) and over £1.9 billion on our platform. With 130+ people across 3 offices in Italy and the UK, we’re supported and funded by Poste Italiane, Cabot Square Capital and Allianz.
We started in 2011 in Milan with a simple vision - to help more people improve their financial well-being by making personal investing straightforward and accessible through technology. Fast forward a few years, and we’re known as one of the most innovative fintechs headquartered in the heart of London.
To provide investment solutions and advice to protect and grow client wealth through time.
Our Core Values
We’ve built our business on three Principles:
- Relationships are our first asset: We’re one team, built on trust, honesty and transparency. We value our relationships above all else.
- Trust drives success: We give each other the space to grow. We empower our employees to succeed, so they can make a real impact.
- Our customers dream big, just like us: We see the bigger picture and we make sure our customers see it, too. We’re always focused on the best outcomes for our clients and for each other, no matter what the goal, or how big the dream.
What this means in practice:
At Moneyfarm, diversity is the foundation of our competitive advantage. We value our employees for who they are – their backgrounds, experiences, talents, knowledge and individual differences. This is what makes us better at what we do. To accommodate our different needs and commitments, we offer flexible working to all. Our individual impact and output is what counts most.
About the role
It will be your role to ensure that Moneyfarm operates within regulatory frameworks, is compliant with all relevant regulatory legislation and manages the reputational, operational and financial risks to which we are exposed while satisfying the need for continuing change in a high growth environment . You will guarantee that our products and operations remain compliant as well as deal with KYC, AML and Regulatory Authorities in the markets we operate solving for best in class user experience and conversions. As our first compliance executive, you will also help to shape the Compliance and Risk team. You will be in charge of Risk and Compliance to ensure a strong regulatory framework and promote deep interaction with the technology & product team to support the design of customer centric solutions to satisfy our customer’s needs.
- Ensure that an effective risk and compliance framework is embedded across the Moneyfarm business that meets both the UK and Italian regulatory obligations.
- Working with the Executive team, the Board and the wider business to ensure buy-in, engagement and implementation of the compliance framework .
- Provide challenge and advice to the Board, the Executive team and the wider business on compliance and risk management matters including, but not limited to, financial promotions, product design and development, complaints, AML and financial crime, client money, treating customers fairly, conduct and operational risk, data privacy.
- Report to the Executive team and Board on key risks, issues and actions taken, ensuring that concerns and recommendations are clearly and concisely articulated so that appropriate action can be taken as necessary.
- Own and manage all systems, processes, policies and controls to ensure that the business satisfies all regulatory requirements, mindful of commercial interests.
- Assist with maintaining overall compliance with the legal and regulatory requirements and obligations prescribed by the regulators and local authorities primarily the FCA, Consob and Bank of Italy.
- Act as point of contact with the regulators in Italy and UK
- Ensure that all new and relevant regulations in the UK and Italy are timely implemented within the business.
- Ensure that the ongoing compliance monitoring is performed and the action coming out of the reviews addressed by the business.
Skills and Experience
- Proven interest and/or experience in the Fintech sector and ability to work with technology and product functions
- Minimum 10 years of experience gained with regulated financial institutions, e-commerce or Fintech companies, or legal/audit firms in the fields of compliance, risk management, regulatory function - out of which at least 4 years in management positions
- Business acumen and entrepreneurial spirit and ability to adapt compliance need in af fast paced environment
- Ability to manage & structure a team according to modern best practices in a fast paced-change led environment
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, global organization
- Ability to design, implement and maintain compliance procedures from scratch
- Excellent communication skills, strong decision making and problem-solving ability.
- Familiarity with European Union AML, payments, consumer protection and corporate governance regulations.
- Experience with client’s money operations
- Extensive experience of dealing with both Italian and UK regulatory bodies
- Fluent in English (oral/written) & Italian.