- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Accounting/Finance
- Industry: FinTech
- Post Date: 11/25/2021
- Website: moneyfarm.com
- Company Address: 90-92 Pentonville Road, London, Greater London N1 9HS, UK
About MoneyfarmOperator an online wealth management platform intended to grow and protect wealth inexpensively with transparency. The company's platform is used for creating investment portfolios based on investment targets and measure risk taking capacities, managed portfolios, enabling customers to monitor and recommend balancing of investments.
We’re a pan-European digital wealth manager with 60,000 active investors (growing fast!) and over £1.9 billion invested on our platform. With 130+ people across 3 offices in Italy and the UK, we’re supported and funded by Poste Italiane, Cabot Square Capital and Allianz.
We started in 2011 in Milan with a simple vision - to help more people improve their financial well-being by making personal investing straightforward and accessible through technology. Fast forward a few years, and we’re known as one of the most innovative fintechs headquartered in the heart of London.
To provide investment solutions and advice to protect and grow client wealth through time.
Our Core Values:
We’ve built our business on three Principles
- Relationships are our first asset
We’re one team, built on trust, honesty and transparency. We value our relationships above all else.
- Trust drives success
We give each other the space to grow. We empower our employees to succeed, so they can make a real impact.
- Our customers dream big, just like us
We see the bigger picture and we make sure our customers see it, too. We’re always focused on the best outcomes for our clients and for each other, no matter what the goal, or how big the dream.
What this means in practice:
At Moneyfarm, diversity is the foundation of our competitive advantage. We value our employees for who they are – their backgrounds, experiences, talents, knowledge and individual differences. This is what makes us better at what we do. To accommodate our different needs and commitments, we offer flexible working to all. Our individual impact and output is what counts most.
Profiles of candidates who belong to 'Categoria protetta' (Legge 68/99)' are more than welcome!
As Moneyfarm moves into the next phase of growth, we are looking to expand the Finance team by hiring a Group Financial Controller. The purpose of this role is to work closely with the CFO to set, maintain and monitor best practice controls across the Group. This is a key finance leadership role and requires a Financial Controller with prior PLC experience in the financial services industry.
- Manage the preparation, review and analysis of the group’s consolidated monthly reporting in line with the internal timetable
- Lead and develop a team of 3
- Ensure the consistent application of accounting principles (IFRS)
- Lead the preparation of quarterly and year-end reports and financial statements in line with statutory and executive management deadlines.
- Build and maintain documentation of the group finance manual and key business processes such as procedures for preparations of financial information, significant transactions policies, tax policies, promotions policies
- Design and implement a formal internal controls framework, identifying and documenting the key business cycles, and formalising a process for testing key controls, ensuring consistency across the Group.
- Be the primary liaison with the auditors and communicate regularly with them throughout the year to update issues, events and transactions
- Reviewing and sign off of consolidation adjustments
- Maintain Transfer Pricing policy across the Group and ensure a timely and accurate tax compliance in all jurisdictions
- Ensure major capital expenditure requests comply with budgets and approval systems
- Develop and maintain a robust cash management system and manage banking relationships
- Ensure Moneyfarm is always on top of its cash and regulatory capital needs
- Must have previous experience in a similar role in the financial services industry, in a PLC company
- Strong technical accounting knowledge (IFRS)
- Fluent in English, Italian is a plus
- Relevant professional qualifications ACA/ACCA qualified (or overseas equivalent)
- Strong reporting and financial analysis capability
- Proven ability to build positive relationships and engage people across all levels of the organisation
- Aptitude for problem solving with the ability to exercise sound and balanced judgment in a highly regulated environment
- Attention to details & initiative to broaden your knowledge and resolve accounting issues
- Proven experience in managing international/remote teams
- Personal drive and motivation
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks, take initiative , work intensely towards challenging goals
- A self-starter, flexible, trustworthy, reliable and hardworking.