- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Data Science
- Industry: AI
- Post Date: 11/24/2021
- Website: www.altilia.ai
- Company Address: Foro Buonaparte, 22, Milano (MI), Italy, Milan, IT
About AltiliaFounded in 2010 as spin-off of the Italian CNR, Altilia operates in the fields of Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Big Data Analytics.
Dynamic and fast growing, the company is based in the University of Calabria in Rende (CS, Italy) and employs a squad of more than 40 people, including researchers, full stack AI engineers, and business solutions analysts.
At Altilia, our mission is to put AI in the hands of end-users to augment humans and help people process complex documents and data quickly, securely, and accurately to efficiently automate operational and decision-making processes by sophisticated and ethical AI tools to benefit workers, enterprises, environment, and the ultimately the society.
Our no-code intelligent process automation software products help organisations to improve revenues and margins by enabling them to automate manual, data-driven, labor-intensive, document-based workflows. We adopt an augmented intelligence approach grounded on reinforcement and transfer learning, which allow business users and subject matter experts to train machine learning models by few examples with orders of magnitude less data than required by traditional techniques.
To extend our teams we are looking for motivated candidates who already have at least 1 year of experience as Data Engineer and aim at building a strong profile in this area. Previous teamwork activity in the field is necessary.
The ideal candidate holds a degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As Data Engineer you will be responsible for modeling, developing, and maintaining applications and services, in particular:
- Managing the design and development of new applications and services.
- Managing the integration and re-factoring of existing applications.
- Developing unit, integration and functional testing.
- Implementing data transformations on row data to provide relevant business information.
- Work as a part of Agile international remote teams to ensure smooth delivery.
Skills and Qualifications
- Knowledge of Java/Scala or Python.
- Experience with Spark.
- Knowledge of CI/CD
- Experience with agile teams and/or Knowledge of agile methods.
- Good Knowledge of English.
The following will be considered a plus:
- ADLS Gen2/Blob
- Azure Synapse/SQL DWH
- Azure functions
- Azure DevOps/terraform experience