- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Research Sci/Assoc/Mgr
- Industry: Life Science
- Post Date: 10/14/2021
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: tensivemed.com
- Company Address: Via Timavo, 34 20124 Milano, Italy
About TensiveTensive is a biomedical company developing advanced biomaterials for regenerative medicine applications, with a current focus on reconstructive surgery after breast cancer. Our product has not yet been tested in humans.
Tensive is a biomedical startup that is developing innovative prostheses aiming to offer a natural breast reconstruction or augmentation, to improve patients’ quality of life.
The Research and Development team is looking for a Research Scientist to support R&D and Product Development activities.
We love to hire collaborative people with passion for learning and a teamwork spirit.
Our team invests heavily in coaching new hires.
- Designing new equipment and apparatus with the aim to enhance current process and to improve the manufacturing productive capacity,
- Running risk assessments of the equipment being designed and prototyped and compliance verification to the internal protocols and ISO 13485 regulations,
- Data collection and analyses, reports writing reports and results presentation to the top management,
- Active collaboration with the members of the R&D team by performing periodical literature review, sharing with the team members and supervisor the updates of prior art research, enriching the technical capability of the team, analyzing data and results interpretation,
- Active collaboration with the top management by monitoring the production output data, activities planning and by participating to resolve issues with production data, etc.
- Patents and research articles writing;
- BS/MSc in chemistry, industrial chemistry, chemical (process) engineering, or similar disciplines, preferably with 2 years of relevant work experience in research and development of biomedical devices;
- Expertise in organic synthesis, preferably in polymer chemistry;
- Expertise in manufacturing process of medical devices, preferably under ISO 13485 regulations;
- Good knowledge of Computer aided design and drafting (2D and 3D CAD), CADD and CAGD; and 3D printing techniques;
- Expertise in process automation/control, pilot implants and process upscaling will be positively evaluated;
- Good Knowledge of chemical-physical characterizations of polymers (IR, NMR, UV, DSC, GPC, rheometric analyses, contact angel, profilometric analyses);
- Good Knowledge of mechanical characterizations of elastomeric materials;
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills;
- Strong verbal/written communication skills;
- Fluent verbal/written English knowledge;
- Excellent knowledge of Office Package;
- Good attitude to teamwork and ability to work in a small, fast-growing startup environment.
Location: Milan, Italy