- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Accounting/Finance
- Industry: Life Science
- Post Date: 01/13/2022
- Website: www.empatica.com
- Company Address: Via Stendhal, 36, Milano, MI 20144, IT
About EmpaticaEmpatica is an affective computing company, focused on human data analytics. We develop groundbreaking wearable devices with medical quality sensing.
We are a digital healthcare company specialised in building AI systems to monitor people’s health. Since 2013, we have been making beautifully designed wearables, software platforms and tools, and advanced algorithms, unlocking better health outcomes for thousands of people.
Our customers range from some of the world’s largest institutions to individual users who message us every day and tell us how our products changed their lives. Our newest wearable, EmbracePlus, is sponsored by NASA and will be used to monitor the health of the astronauts onboard the first ever manned mission to Mars. Pharmaceutical companies are using our research platform to fast-track the development of new treatments, while hundreds of academic researchers publish new discoveries on human behaviour weekly, all made possible by our E4 smartband and software tools.
And we just partnered with the US’ Department of Health and Human Services to accelerate the release our wearable COVID-19 early detection system.
If you are looking to join a fast-paced growth environment and do meaningful work that can really make a change in people’s lives, keep reading.
As a Junior Accounting Specialist you will be placed in the accounting and finance team, a key area for the company’s operational success. Your mission is to perform on-going activities while helping build, improve, and run the assigned accounting processes in Empatica. You will work together with the Accounting Manager to ensure that all daily corporate, financial and accounting initiatives are diligently performed while maintaining a wide level of freedom with the opportunity to make an impact. We need somebody exceptionally skilled to face both US GAAP and Italian accounting standards and clients in 30 countries, across 5 continents.
In addition, working together with other OPS Team members you will
- Execute day-to-day accounting activities of the company including monthly close, accounts receivable, payable expenses, allocations and more.
- Assist in the implementation of key accounting processes to support a rapidly growing company in order to support the delivery of financial insights and drive informed executive decisions.
- Support the audit process, including preparation of materials for the financial statement audit and coordination with the external audit team.
- Reconcile cash & cash equivalents and other accounts ensuring proper classification/documentation.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with internal teams, including marketing, sales, product, engineering, HR, and more and with external consultants if needed
- Keeping accounting and finance archive updated and organised
What we are looking for
You are the ideal person for this job if you
- Have Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance (Master’s degree a plus)
- Have 1-2 years of relevant working experience (Corporate Finance, Accounting, Big Four accounting firms highly appreciated)
- Have an extensive understanding and knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
- Have a strong understanding of bookkeeping and accounts payable/receivable principles
- Have proven ability to calculate, post, and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Have superb organisational skills and attention to detail
- Are tech savvy and have the ability to quickly master new tools and platforms
You and Empatica would be a perfect match if you are
- A very quick learner
- Fun and easy to work with
- A hard-worker and collaborative
- A doer, with an excellent execution mindset
- Proficient in English and Italian
- Excellent in time management and multitasking skills
- Focused on quality and excellence
- Flexible in terms of working time
- A problem-solving hustler who can take on any big or small project
- Passionate about our products and our mission
Life at Empatica
You will join a fast-growing, diverse team of 70+ brilliantly talented humans, who care passionately about what we do and the difference we are making in the world. You’ll get the opportunity to work directly with engineers, data scientists, and designers, across all levels of the organisation.
If you jump on board, we can guarantee it won't be an easy ride, but it will be one of the most rewarding experiences in your career, one that will allow you to learn a lot and test your whole skill-set on multiple projects, which are already helping thousands of people worldwide.
- Highly competitive salary
- We have offices in Milan City Center and Downtown Boston. And every summer, we hold an amazing beach retreat in Sardinia, Italy
- Free lunch - yes, being in Italy, it's something you should care about!
- Organic fresh fruit
- Your personal MacBook
- Flexible working hours
- Free, superior Italian coffee - of course
- Free cookies, if you deserve them
- Much more...
At Empatica, we support the personal and professional growth of our employees. Beyond the above, you’ll have the possibility to attend conferences, receive dedicated training, and participate in activities relevant to where you want your career to go.