- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Data Science
- Industry: Software and Data
- Post Date: 10/06/2021
- Website: cubbit.io
- Company Address: Via della Zecca 1, 40121 - Bologna (BO), Italy
About CubbitCubbit is a new cloud: one that’s distributed, user-powered, and forever yours.
Cubbit’s users join forces to create a collaborative storage space - forming the most private, secure, and sustainable cloud ever.
We’re building the world’s 1st distributed cloud provider, that needs no costly and polluting data-centers to run.
Then, we are bringing cloud storage for businesses to the next level, by making privacy a right and not a premium feature.
Cubbit works as a distributed data center, where a swarm of individual devices, orchestrated by a coordinator super-node, cooperate to virtualize a cloud storage service.
As often happens in distributed systems, a big challenge is to gather data on usage and performance in order to monitor and improve the experience of users, as well as optimize resources in the swarm.
As a senior data engineer, you will help to collect data from different sources (coordinator database, events from devices, events from users) and build an analytics dashboard that can be used by data scientists and programmers to get insights on actionable data-based improvements and decisions.
What you’ll do
- Interact with different endpoints (elastic search, relational databases, google analytics) and bring your experience in best practices in data science to enrich our dynamic startup environment.
- Develop automated data pipelines for the extraction, preparation, and analysis of data
- Unify different data sources into a unique framework for actionable analysis and visualization
- Ensure data quality and consistency; play an active role in establishing data governance around company KPIs
- Work closely with analytics team to design, build & test end-to-end solutions
What you’ll need
- 2+ years experience creating and maintaining automated data pipelines
- Experience working with large and diverse data sets
- Experience with ElasticSearch and PostgreSQL
- Experience working with data analytics and visualization tools such as Python and/or R, Kibana and/or Google Analytics
- Experience with git
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and business processes
- Experience with AWS
- Work experience in the cloud industry
- Work experience with distributed systems / IoT / peer-to-peer
- Strong analytical skills to determine effective approaches to business questions
- Knowledge of statistical tools and/or machine learning for data analysis
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
Your Profile and Mindset
- Independent: a highly motivated self starter who is ready to dig in, hustle, find solutions and deliver.
- Senior experience
- Data-driven: know how to digitally engage with customers, measure their responses, define KPIs to test your hypothesis and choose a strategy.
- Methodical: be efficient in reporting to founders, or sharing findings with the team.
- Ambitious: think big, start small, scale fast. Join us in building a born global startup.
- Humble: know that you don’t know, learn from the top tier, don’t reinvent the wheel.
- Proactive participant in our culture.
- Remote work possible
- Periodic activities with the team, and everyday passion
- International team of top level profiles